Saturday, July 31, 2010

Color Throw Down!

Another challenge I just tried is the Color Throw Down.

The challenge was to use River Rock, Certainly Celery, and Ridinghood Red together. This idea immediately came to mind (maybe because I just got my elegant lines embossing folder from back order? Maybe because I saw something resembling this in my blog travels? ) Anyway, like I said before, I usually make two cards, but I tweek them. They both have the celery base, a layer of ridinghood red and the top layer is river rock (which, by the way, I L-O-V-E, love! I bought two extra packages before it retired... I am so, so, so happy it's back for good!) Also, both cards have flowers in ridinghood red punched with the boho blossoms, and all the flowers have a green celery colored pearl that I found at the scrapbooking show I went to ($1.00 for a package! What a deal! I love deals, too!) I did change up the sentiment. I used ridinghood red ink on celery paper. On the birthday card has a small piece of celery ribbon (from the Sale-A-Brations cattie from two years ago, I think).

Here I used a small knot of river rock that was out when it was a "in color" color.

I think the cards are pretty, but there are so many beautiful cards on this challenge. There are some amazing artists out there.

Thanks for looking...

6 comments:

Broni said...

Wow! These are both great! I can see that I'm going to need that folder!! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown with us!

Tammy Hershberger said...

These are both fabulous! LOVE that embossing! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

WhiteRacoon said...

Very, VERY cute! Congrats on getting into the fab five at Color Throwdown!

Evelyn S. said...

This is a WOW card! Amazing how the green is such a beautiful neutral to the red! Who makes that embossing folder?

Evelyn S. said...

I just looked more closely...it's the River Rock that is such a fabulous neutral for the red. ;-)

Lisa said...

The embossing folder is in Stampin' Up's new catalog! I am a demonstrator if you'd like to order one!