Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wedding frames

One of my favorite things to do is to use all my card making "stuff" to make framed pieces of art. The framed pieces are great keepsakes that last longer than a card, and the cards we make are so beautiful, they are mini pieces of art.

Here is a framed gift I made for my friend who got married this summer. It's hard to see, but the white heart is embossed with three little rhinestones down the center, kind of like buttons on a wedding dress. The little charm says "bliss." (I tried to take a close up of it, but my camera isn't that good!)


The second one I did is in a shadow box frame. I went to my cousin's wedding this summer, and she sent one of those notices in her invitation that our presence was her present. I knew I wanted to make her something in honor of her wedding. Sitting at each place setting on was a small white box tied shut with this beautiful ribbon (one of the the wedding colors). So I used the ribbon in the frame. I used a much thinner green ribbon to make the "tie" on the tux, and again I have the embossed "wedding dress" with three rhinestones (although the pearls would be beautiful, too). Again, the little charm says "bliss."


This shot with the flash let's you see the ribbon and charm a little better.

I hope they love their gifts. I know I love them and I am giving them with love and "bliss-ful" wishes for a happy marriage.
Thanks for looking...


No comments: