Friday, October 8, 2010

Grateful for Time To Create!

I am falling in love with this set! I so didn't even like it when I first saw it, but when I went to the regional conference for Stampin' Up, this is the set we got for "free." While we were there, we got to see lots of cool samples of the card, and as freebie from regionals, I have seen lots of ideas on the blogs that I check out.

One of the blogs that I check out on the regular is Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie. And she is awesome! She's got some great ideas and she makes videos so that you can really see and understand how she does things. I love her!

I, as usual, had to switch stuff up a bit. I did make the big medallion/flower thing the way that Frenchie did. Great technique using a sponge to take off some of the green and then I added on some Rich Razzleberry. I used Chocolate Chip ink for the sentiment and a Chocolate Chip satin ribbon. I really love how it turned out. I also used some green pearls that I found at a scrapbooking convention I went to.



This is another technique Frenchie shared. She used versamark and then used stampin' pastel chalks to color on top of the stamped image. I swear, I watched her video and she was rubbin' a cotton ball with the chalk on it over the image, so that's what I did and it looks pretty smeared. (She did the same thing with white craft ink, and I smear that without rubbing anything over it so I don't think I'll try that.)
So I did one by sponging ink on the stamp itself, and one by rubbing chalk on the stamped image that was versa marked.
I really like Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant together. I again used a green pearl in the center of flower/medallion (what do you call this thing anyway?) I had the eggplant colored ribbon.

Here's the smeared chalk one. Mine did not turn out anywhere nearly as nice as Frenchie's. Oh well. I tried it. Next time, I will only dab the chalk on, not rub it in.
I did put the flower from this set on the inside, in eggplant.
I hope you like them! Thanks for looking...





No comments: