Thursday, October 28, 2010

Monster Madness!

I knew I had to make these CA-UTE monsters when I saw them...

I gotta give the credit to this amazing lady, Sarah. She is amazing and I love her ideas AND her generosity. She posts very clear directions for how to make lots of things. Frugal people like me appreciate you, Sarah. You rock!

I made a few different ones. Luckily, I just ordered some 12 x 12 paper from the clearance rack on Stampin' Up (what deals!) That gave me lots of color options. This is Melon Mambo with her eyes a Perfect Plum. I used scraps of white for the teeth and scraps of white and plum for her flower embellishments. I tied a purple bow at the top of her flap.






Here is a side view of the box. It is so cute for a little gift.... OR... I filled this blue boy over here with candy for my nephew. He LOVED it. On this guy I used a retired piece of Bermuda Blue and Real Red for his eyes. I used the red and black for the spots all around him.

I kept the flaps closed on them by using a small piece of adhesive Velcro.

I was thinking of offering my first ever kids class and teach the little'uns to make the monster boxes. Whatta think? Good idea or no?

Thanks for looking...

1 comment:

stjeanne456 said...

They are adorable! Host a party, have your business cards. Think about doing kids' b-day parties. It's a big business...