Thursday, October 28, 2010

Motorcycle Mama!

I am really excited about these cards! I got this new embossing envelope and it reminded me of those metal truck toolbox things that dudes have. I got it because I thought it would make good guy cards, and really, who doesn't need more stuff to make a good guy card?

I got the idea to use the Motorcycle with this card when I was trying my first attempt at this week's challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.
I used a very light gray as a base coat. I then layered on Basic Black. On this card, I left the black alone. I used SU's circle brads. I cut out my Motorcycle in an oval from Natural White and put it on a bigger black oval. I cut open (well.... my husband cut open) an Arizona tea can and I ran the aluminum through my cuttlebug with this embossing plate for a very manly look! (Seriously... how cool is that?!? It's totally green and it looks so cool!) To go with the sketch more, I added a circle of natural white with the message "enjoy the journey" from the It's the Thought set stamped in Cherry Cobbler to add a little bit of color.
On this one, I used a really cool rough brick wall embossing plate to emboss my black layer that's underneath. Then I used my platinum all purpose ink from SU (which is really messy- FYI) and a sponge and inked up the embossed background to bring out the pattern a bit more. Instead of brads at the bottom like the sketch, I used my "screw" brads in the four corners on my aluminum embossed panel. Then I used my 1" and 3/4" punches and punched more aluminum (bonus: the can sharpens the punches!). On the 1" circle, I used my stazon to stamp Happy Birthday from the Vintage Labels set and added a mini black brad. I popped that up with pop dots and put the second 3/4" circle under that one a bit

This one is also very similar. This time I embossed the black with an embossing folder that has rough edged lines (all the rough backgrounds just struck me as very manly). On this one, I added 3 square silver brads that I've had forever and never used. Then I punched a 1" circle and used a set of rub-ons that I've also had forever. I put "Treasure" on this one.
The insides of all three are empty. Nothing fancy inside for dudes. These cards are all man (and I think my mojo's back!)
Thanks for looking...


4 comments:

Denise said...

OMG....these cards are awesome. I'd say your mojo is back. Love the look of the embossing. Great man cards. Nice job!!!
Thank you so much for playing along with Stampin' Royalty.

Anonymous said...

Cool Cards. What great effects you have used. Thanks for playing along with Stamping Royalty this week.
Gardenia

Molly said...

Oh my gosh, those are so cool! Did you do anything to make the edges of the aluminum not too sharp?

Lisa said...

I didn't do anything to the edges, but they aren't really sharp either. I would be careful, of course, but once they are part of the layer on the card, I think they are fine. :)