Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sketch Challenge Struggle

My inspiration for this card is the sketch challenge over on Stampin' Royalty. I gotta tell you, I was STRUGGLING with this one. It could be because it is the end of the quarter so my grades are due soon and I have tons of papers to grade, or maybe that everything at school is making me crazy on every level, but the bottom line is, I think I've misplaced my mojo...



I was determined to find it so I used the sketch from the ladies over at SR and this is my creation. I don't love it (see... my mojo is missing still). But, hey... I got to spend sometime on ME today (well...yesterday) when I made it.



So... I chose to turn the sketch on its side. I used the Season of Friendship and Day of Gratitude stamp sets. My base is More Mustard. I used my oval template to cut out an oval on a Natural White card stock and put that on the next biggest size oval of Early Espresso. Then I put that on a square of Cajun Craze. I used my boho blossoms punch to punch out a bunch of mustard, espresso, and cajun "leaves" and there's some Red Ridinghood leaves in there, too ('cuz I LOVE the red leaves on the trees... ). I finished it off with a few leaves from the Day of Gratitude set in Chocolate Chip and Red Ridinghood.



I am also working on getting more inside my cards, so here's my inside. The message from Day of Gratitude and another red leaf (remember... they're my favorite!)

Thanks for looking...

2 comments:

Hands On said...

I love the dsp you created with your leaf stamp. Great colours. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

Denise said...

Great job with this sketch. Love the leaves you created for the tree, and the awesome job with the background. Nicely done!
Thank you so much for playing along with Stampin' Royalty.