Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Be My Valentine

Here is my take on this weeks challenge over on Stamping 411.

I decided to flip the sketch on the vertical. I actually had a tough time with this one. It is the second thing I tried (I ended up trashing the main part of the first one... ever do that? Get an idea in your head that you think will look great and then it just does NOT look good in real life? Yeah... that was my first try). I was struggling to find my mojo... I am not sure I have found it yet, but this is what I came up with...

I started with a base of Chocolate Chip. On top of that is a layer of Pink Pirouette, which I embossed. Then I have a layer of Cherry Cobbler with the edge punched with a scallop edge punch. Next is a layer of Whisper White. On top of that is the Be My Valentine heart stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Cherry Cobbler. I cut it out and then stamped the sentiment, again in Cherry Cobbler on Pink Pirouette and cut that out. Then I popped that up. I put on a pink organza ribbon. I made a "button" out of Cherry Cobbler. I punched 4 hearts using my 3 heart punch. I used my glue stick to glue them together. Then I used my "button" punch to make two holes in the middle of the hearts and tied a knot using hemp thread. And finally, I "blinged it up" by adding some light pink rhinestones.

Thanks for looking...

4 comments:

Kerin said...

I had to laugh when I was reading your post, I just did the same thing last night...funny how things can look so good in your head but just don't work out huh?? Anyway, your final product is fabulous!! I love how you created a button out of heart punches, and also the heart stamped in matching ink & card stock, I hadn't seen that yet...very cool!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Totally fabulous! You've really tied it all together here. Love the matching hearts. Thanks for sharing it with us.

gbarron56 said...

Love the Rhinestone additions -- just the right amoung of bling! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Connie Babbert said...

Oh yeah...I've had those moments, too! lol! I love how your card turned out when you flipped the sketch!