Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stylish Sympathy Cards

Once again, it's the kind of card you never want to need. It is beautiful, I will feel proud to give it, but still... you don't want the people you care about to be suffering.

I got this idea from the most recent (I think) Stampin' Success magazine. I really loved the simplicity of it. Yet it is so beautiful!
This card had the center square "stamped" using the acrylic block that you stick your stamps on. However, I hate to admit that I don't have a Stampin' Up acrylic block. I have a block that I got from my local craft store and it is rectangular and it has wavy edges... it so won't work for this card. I actually did this one with the back side of one of those dollar stamps from the store! It worked!. But I also tried the card with a solid piece of card stock. I must say, I like the uneven stamped image on the "i'm so sorry" card.
I used River Rock as a base. A layer of Early Espresso, a layer of Very Vanilla. On one I stamped the square in River Rock. In the other, there is a layer of River Rock. The leaf is from French Foliage. The sentiments are from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
Thanks for looking...

No comments: