Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Heart-ful of Love


This is a late Valentine's post, but I wanted to share this card. I used my new Sweetheart Set. This is also my first shot at using the little sweet treat cups (there is quite a learning curve on this one...)
I filled the heart with punched little hearts (in Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, and Pretty In Pink). I wanted to make others full of candy, but I wanted to give this to my niece Lily who is way too young to eat candy (shout out to you Lil!) These little hearts made a sweet rattle almost. Notice this late post? Guess where Lily's Valentine is? Yep... still in my studio. This can be her virtual card...
I started with a base of Melon Mambo. I used the Framed Tulips to emboss it. Then I put a layer of Certainly Celery that had I roughed up the edges on. On top of that is a layer of Whisper White with the stem in celery and the heart around the treat cup in melon. I really do love the way it turned out. I think Lily would love it, too!
Thanks for looking...

No comments: