Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Card Folder

So this is not a folder that holds cards, but it is literally a folder that I turned into a card!!!



The idea was birthed by a friend and co-worker. We were trying to come up with a way to send off another friend and co-worker who is retiring. Our retiring friend is one of our composition assistants. She helps us to grade papers and about a million other things. She deals with these manila folders all the time. My non-retiring colleague had the idea to make a card out of one of the folders. And that's where I took over.


I started with a base of manila folder and then added a layer of basic black. Then I used "panels" of Garden Green and Daffodil Delight, our school colors (well... that's not what we call them... we just call them green and gold).








I "decorated" each panel differently. I used embossing folders and stamps. My retiring colleague is a big dog person, so I used the dog stamp and my stamp-a-ma-jig.


I used every single thank you stamp I think I had! The stamp-a-ma-jig came in super handy there, too!


I wished her luck in one panel and included 4 leaf clovers.






This fulfilled my person challenge of making something every day. This is my Monday creation.


Thanks for looking...

No comments: