Sunday, June 26, 2011

My first Mash-Up!

This week for Friday Mash-Up, I decided to try to do both, the color and the sketch challenge. For this card, I used Word Play and The Open Seas set.

I started with a base of Very Vanilla. I have a layer of Cherry Cobbler that is embossed with one of SU texture plates. The main sentiment is stamped in Cherry on Vanilla. I stamped the arrow in the message on More Mustard, cut it out and popped it up using dimensionals. I also put a layer of mustard below the sentiment.


Below the main message, I put the compass from The Open Seas. I stamped it in Cherry on Vanilla and punched it out using my 1 1/4" circle punch. I have a layer of mustard under that. That circle is popped up using dimensionals. I stamped the compass again on vanilla and cut out the top "star" of the compass and popped that up, too. I did color in various points of the compass with my mustard and cherry markers.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi Lisa,
I love the texture on your card and the way you popped up the compass! So happy you joined us this week at the Mashup!
Smiles,
Lesley

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love the simplicity of your card - great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing at the Friday Mashup!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hi Lisa, I love the clean and simple look you have achieved using both the sketch and colours. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week. Good Luck.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

hollybeary creations said...

Ohh I don't know I think this might be my fav out of the ones you entered... I love the embossed background on this one too! Great use of the sketch and color combo. Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Carrie Gaskin said...

That compass just sets the whole card off. Funny how one small detail can do so much! Great job on another Mashup Card!