Friday, June 3, 2011

The Open Sea in Style

Okay.... here's the second day in a row of my card a day challenge to myself. I need to get some father's day cards done, both for my own father and also for the little shop that I sell some of my stuff in. Today's card uses the sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary.

Today I used my new set, The Open Sea. I ordered a bunch of masculine stuff from the mini cattie and haven't used most of it yet! I had to change that today with this set, which I am seeing everywhere!!!

I started with a base of Very Vanilla. There is a layer of Crumb Cake on top of that. Then, I have three strips of vanilla that are stamped with images from The Open Sea set in Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, and Cherry Cobbler. The ship is stamped in Early Espresso is layered on a piece of Night of Navy. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, one of the best sets I've ever purchased! I use it all the time! I also added baker's twine in Cherry Cobbler.

As usual, I made two cards and changed up the second one a bit. I do like it the best. I attached the sentiment to the side of the main image. I also sponged some Crumb Cake ink around the edge of the boat image and I moved the twine to the bottom edge of the card.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

I love how you made your own DSP with the stamps in the stamp set for your 3 strips. Very nice masculine card. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Carrie Gaskin said...

What a great use of these coordinating products. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

Lisa Martz said...

Great masculine card. Love the way you made your own DSP. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Deb said...

This is such a great card for any man! Very elegant! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...fabulous clean and simple card! Love that you did your own dsp! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you made the background elements with the stamps! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary this week!