Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ship Sketch Challenge

I created this card using the sketch challenge over on Just Add Ink. At first, I was a big intimidated about it, but I got into it once I thought of this set and paper.
I tried to set this card up using two different layouts. This one is landscape. I think it's cool that there is a anchor on the inside.
The base is Basic Gray. I used Nautical DSP to accent, and the ship from The Open Sea.


Here it is all closed up, tied shut with cherry baker's twine. Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, and Early Espresso were the other colors used. I made about 4 of these and changed each a little bit: layout, placement of the brads, angle of the brads, etc.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

A gorgeous use of the challenge and l love your choice of stamps, a great card!
Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Great use of the sketch. I love the way you've used the brads and bakers twine. The anchor inside the card is the perfect finishing touch, Glad you could play at JAI this week.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is a fantastic use of the sketch. Love the stamps and DSP. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous card - I love it! Great job with the sketch; I really like what you've done with it.