Monday, August 15, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge

This is the result of this week's sketch challenge on Stamping 411 (I am having trouble linking for you... here's the URL- http://stamping411.blogspot.com. sketch challenge 216.)
Basically, this card is a win-win for me. I get to play in a sketch, and I get to design a card for a friend who just ordered 10 guy cards from me. I told her, I'll give you two copies of 5 different designs. I figure I'll get to create a little this way. I am also thinking of hosting a "Dude, Where's my Card?" Class. I will give you more details on that later, but it will feature the cards I come up with designing my friend's cards. Fun!

I have two slightly different designs. Can you tell the difference? There are things I love about each one. Which one is your favorite? Post a comment and let me know.
I think most materials/colors are obvious. (Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red DSP) However, the silver materials is.... a diet coke can! I used the inside, but after I did it, I thought, you could use the outside too. That might look a bit vintage if you distress the can a bit. I did try to do that, don't think it shows on the pictures very well. Also, what doesn't show is the crystal effects on the red part of the motorcycle. That gives the candy apple effect to the red bike. That does look pretty sweet.
You could add a variety of messages for your dude. These are general, but it would make a great birthday for a motorcycle man in your life. You could even make it a Father's Day card. Choose what you need.... love it!
Thanks for looking and don't forget to leave your opinion. Bike cut out or a rectangle layered on red. I'll make the winning vote for my class.

3 comments:

Terry said...

I love the colors and texture of your cards. My favorite is the motorcycle cut out. It just looks cool!

Terry
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

gbarron56 said...

Love how you used the pop can on this card -- great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I really miss this motorcycle....you did a fab job with it. Thanks for playing along.