Saturday, December 31, 2011

But wait... there's more!

I'm feeling this one a bit more. This is my second card for both the Friday Mashup and the Colour Q challenge. The Mashup challenge was a sketch challenge, and the Colour Q challenge was to use black, white, and any other color. I'm trying to get a jump start on Valentine's cards, so red it is.

I used the new Framelits labels and then embossed it. I used a non-SU embossing folder. Then I sponged the edges with black and distressed it a bit. Then I also sponged in the hearts in real red. The rest is obvious, basic black, whisper white, word window, modern label, ribbon punch. Inside, I did stamp the "love you much" sentiment from Well Scripted in red ink on white and used the heart punch. It's very cute (sorry no picture of that!)

Thanks for looking...

8 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

I really like this embossing folder Lisa, nice job on just highlighting the hearts in red and the rest in soft black.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Kim P said...

Ooooooooooooooo, this is so pretty! Love how you added so much to that framelit...color, texture...great card! Happy New Year!!

Sylvia said...

Another fun card, Lisa! Love the embossing on this one. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your embossing technique is fabulous. Great colours. Happy New Year!

Lisa said...

Love the embossing and the highlighting you did Lisa. The card came out great.

Thanks for playing along with 2 great cards for The Friday Mashup!

Rita W said...

Oh! I love the embossing and the way you colored the red hearts to make them stand out! What a gorgeous panel!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the highlighted hearts here... you are on a roll!

hollybeary creations said...

Ohh this came out great.. I love how you added pops of color over the embossed areas. I starting to like these new Dies the more I see them. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.