Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

This is the card I made for my New Year's card this year. I think it's pretty sweet and it was very easy, too. I know you can't really tell from the photo, but the top layer of blue is a sparkly blue that I got on the clearance rack at a paper supply store. Just perfect. AND... the bonus is that is is just perfect for this week's challenge over on the Friday Mashup (http://www.fridaymashup.com/2011/12/fm39-heres-to-shiny-new-year.html). The challenge is to add some sparkles/bling to a card or have a New Year's card or mash it up and do both. The crazy cool part of this card is that I made it before I saw the challenge... wow... are we connected or what? I started with a base of white. Then I put the sparkly blue layer on that I punched out with a snowflake, but I saved it and glued it inside! I also used a silver ribbon (from another clearance bin), and then I used Night of Navy to stamp the sentiment "Happy New Year" on a white scrap, punched it out with the word window, put in on a navy modern label punch and popped that up on top of the ribbon.

Thanks for looking...

6 comments:

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Happy New Year Lisa,

Fabulously CAS card for the challenge. So glad you joined us.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Lisa said...

Love this CAS card Lisa. That blue sparkly paper is awesome, and I love the snowflake!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kim P said...

Perfect CAS card!! Love that glimmer blue paper. Thanks for hanging out with us again at the Friday Mashup!

Heidi Baks said...

Cute CAS layout with the ribbon stripes at the bottom! Thanks for playing with us again.

hollybeary creations said...

What a great way to use that snowflake you punched out from the top layer! They say great minds think alike you know. I bet that shimmer paper is gorgeous in real life. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

Rita W said...

Sigh...I wish we could expect some snowflakes with the new year. I love the sparkly blue paper and beautiful simplicity of this one. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!