Sunday, January 15, 2012

Idea Number 6!

Okay, so it is not completely my idea. I have to admit, that I love, love, love Susan's card (she's a guest designer over on The Friday Mashup blog)! I knew I had to case it because it is so awesome. So this is really a case of her card; I did add my own spin on it, but I must say that love how this turned out, AND I think that it could totally work for the Stamping 411 sketch challenge, too!

This is a base of Pool Party. I have ribbons of More Mustard going down each side of the DSP (can you tell I like that look?) I used three different DSP's for three butterflies. Then I added a string of 3 pearls down the middle of the butterfly (see... I didn't completely copy Susan... she has 4 pearls!)

My sentiment is different, too. I used a punch of Pool Party under a oval with the sentiment "thanks big time" from a set whose name I don't remember. Sorry... I added two mustard color gems I got as a door prize at a big scrap booking show I went to.
I finished the who thing off with a mustard knot in the center.

But look from a slight side view...

I love how that butterfly has her wings in a 3D effect...

Thanks for looking... and if you are thinking to yourself, "does she have any more?" Rest assured... I DO! Come back and check it out!

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Gorgeous choice of DSP's,. Love the two layer butterfly too. Great job!

Tammy Fite said...

love the butterflies!!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

LOL Lias you do have me laughing in delight at how enthusiastic you are about this challenge! Lovely CASE.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

Lisa said...

Wasnt Susans card amazing? I want to CASE it sometime too :)

Great take on it, your card looks great!