Sunday, January 8, 2012

Making a Mess up Work

I cut out a bunch of parts and pieces of DSP thinking I would make two similar yet slightly different cards for a challenge. After I matched and cut a lot of paper (including my mess up on two pieces), the idea I had in my head just was not working. It happens...

Instead of scrapping everything, I made these instead, which I can enter into The Friday Mashup challenge for the week! Again, they are almost the same, but slightly different. I used the same colors: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla. I also used the two tags die and a retired DSP.

I also used a variety of ribbons and punches. Most are self explanatory. I also popped up each layer of the Happy Birthday sentiment on the front of the card.



I have a sentiment on the inside of the card, something that isn't usual for me, but I like it.



Here's close up of the sentiment on one card.










7 comments:

Kim P said...

Very pretty cards! I love that dsp...wish I had stocked up before it retired! Thans for coming to the Friday Mashup again!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Lisa, the trick of it all is recognising when to give up on one idea and work with the mediums to come up with what they want to do! The end result here is pretty special! Love that DSP.

Thanks for joining in again!

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Friday Mashup DT

hollybeary creations said...

Great Color Combo.. I love the Crumb Cake with that blue.This is a really fun sentiment set. Great use of the pieces to rebuild a new project. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup.

Bonnie said...

I love both of these cards! Sometimes my ideas don't work out the way I think they will. Often salvaging a project ends up better than the original plan.

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, so glad you joined us at the Friday MashUP...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Rita W said...

Pretty card; those colors look so good together! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Lesley said...

Hi Lisa,
What a pretty card! This is some of my favourite paper and I am still hoarding it! Thanks for playing along at The Friday Mashup!
Smiles,
Lesley