Sunday, January 1, 2012

Rue Des Fleurs and new DSP

Okay... here's another sneak peak! I hope I am not breaking any rules here, but I don't think I am. I saw other bigger, better SU demonstrators who have posted card ideas from the new occasions mini-cattie.

Once again, I used this week's sketch challenge over on Stamping 411 as a starting off point. Thanks for a great sketch, ladies... there are more ideas coming for this one!

So I was staring at the sketch, staring at my pile of new SU goodies, and this idea was born when I decided to use the DSP from the SAB cattie. Once I made that decision, the rest fell into place quite nicely. The base is Pool Party. The layer under the DSP is Poppy Parade. Then I used my new framelit label to cut out a piece of Very Vanilla. I struggled with the ribbon piece. I couldn't find one to use that I liked, but you can see what I ended up with... just two little tails sticking out. I like it!

Next I stamped the umbrella from the Rue Des Fleurs set in Early Espresso. Next I used the spritzing tool and spritzed the whole piece with Soft Suede (which is also the color I used to sponge the edges of the piece. Then I used my blender pen and Soft Suede, Pool Party, and Calipso Coral to color in the image.

Inside, I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso.

5 comments:

Tammy Fite said...

Great card!!

Selene Kempton said...

So beautiful! I wasn't going to buy this stamp, but I think I need it now!

gbarron56 said...

Lovely job -- beautiful card and great use of this week's sketch. Love the distressed, vintage look! Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Stunning....again and again!

Patti Chesky said...

Oooohhhh I love sneak peeks....especially when it's as fabulous as this one!!! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411.