Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Piecing Together a Mashup Challenge

 I know this probably looks familiar, and that's because I cased myself!  Well, I cased someone else and made this card already once for another color challenge.  I love it so much that I decided to make it again for The Friday Mashup's weekly challenge.

This week, the challenge was to use Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight, or make a card using the paper piecing technique, or Mash-It-Up and make a card using those three colors and using paper piecing.  I chose to Mash-It-Up with this card.

As I often do, I decided to make two of this card, giving each card it's own little unique touches.

I have to admit that every time I see "paper piecing" I think it says paper PIERCING so I was preparing for how I would poke holes in this sweet little card.  Then when I checked out the blog, I didn't see holes poked in any of the samples, so I re-read carefully and realized my mistake.

For this card, my pennants are punched using Summer Smooches and an old DSP Sunny Garden (the sequel to Cottage Garden, my favorite DSP ever!)

Colors Used: Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Sets Used: Pennant Parade, Happiest Birthday Wishes (inside sentiment: "Happiest Wishes on your Birthday!")
Other:  Pennant punch, mini flower punch, white bakers twine, stampin' dimensionals (the pennants are popped), blue bling, buttons

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Lovely! Such a fun take on the colours. That such a happy, cheery card :) Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Unknown said...

This is so cute and you manipulated the color combo really well! Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup.

Sheri (guest designer)

Lili said...

Such a great card! I love the way you combined the colors and how you mashed it up. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

hollybeary creations said...

I love it. So fun and festive! Great case lol Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.