Sunday, September 16, 2012

Perfectly Preserved Halloween Eyes!

 Yes... I said it.  Halloween Eyes!  This is my take on the Dynamic Duo's weekly color challenge.  This week our challenge was to use Basic Black, Lucky Limeade, and as a dessert option, make a Halloween card.  Have you ever known me to pass up dessert?

I know I've seen this idea out there in blog world.  I loved it and thought of it immediately upon seeing this challenge.  Sorry I can't give credit to the person who inspired me...
Also, I am continuing with my own theme of using the DD challenge each week to inspire one square card using the jar from Perfectly Preserved to ultimately create a 8 card class of square cards.  This one is card 4!  Fun, too!  Thanks for the inspiration.

I have a strip of black with a pinked edge in there, black ribbon, and I also used the Halloween stamps from Mixed Medley.  I struggled to find a way to make the jar stand out a bit more; none of my shaped framelits was working for me.  I ended up simply with a strip of white.  It works for me.

Inside, a lone eyeball and the Halloween sentiment.

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG!!!! LOVE this idea...the jar full of eyes...so spooky!!! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Michelle said...

You should also link this post here...
http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/09/the-jars-of-joy-challenge.html

Kim S said...

I hadn't seen this idea - it is fantastic!! How creepy is that jar??! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Merilee Lane said...

Super spooky, lol! Thanks for sharing.

Merilee

Melissa said...

What a fabulously spooky Halloween card! A jar of eyeballs...who'd have thought?! :) Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Googly eyes-how cute!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks for linking this up to the Jars of Joy Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

BethieJ said...

This is so CUTE!! and such a FUN Halloween card!