Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Still...Seriously...Struggling...

Okay...here's the deal... just because this card is really really cute does not mean that it was easy to achieve.  What I started out making was so far from this... Different stamp set, different colors, different layout.  But see, it was seriously not working and so I scraped that whole idea (after trying things multiple ways) and moved on to this card.  I used the color challenge over on Fab Friday (Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler, Pink Pirouette, and Very Vanilla.  I wanted a birthday card with brads so I could mash-it-up with the ladies over on The Friday Mashup.  I embossed the Pool Party with the fan envelope.  I pierced the paper on the pink paper.  I stamped the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and I have 3 cobbler brads at an angle... I wanted it to be different.  I also embossed the base of the card with the tulip frame and I sponged it a bit in Crumb Cake.

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

It came out beautiful! I was making a club card this week that I rubbed off and removed dimensionals at least 5 times. Sometimes it is such a struggle. Thanks again for joining the Friday Mashup.

Lili said...

It came out very nice! Love the embossed panels and the piercing too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup this week!

Amanda Mertz said...

Your struggles with your other card certainly paid off on this one. The sentiment being the focal works so nicely with the textures of the backgrounds. And the angled brads are a nice touch! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

Amy O said...

Despite all of the trouble, you ended up with a pretty card. I'm glad you stuck with it and joined us at Fab Friday this week!

hollybeary creations said...

It looks great lisa.. I have that same problem a lot!! Ha Ha, you see it one way and it just doesn't want to come together. Crafters Block .. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.