Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dreaming of The Friday Mashup

 This Friday, I checked out the challenge over on The Friday Mashup, as I often do.  This week, Heidi has given us a really awesome challenge: to create a thinking of you or condolence card, to donate the card to a charity or organization of your choice, or to mash-it-up and do both.

I didn't get a chance to create on Friday, but I did dream about making this card.  I know it's hard to believe, but I seriously figured this card out in my sleep.
I dreamed of using Midnight Muse and the new stylish stripes folder.  I dreamed of using three of the banners, embossed, from the new thinlits circle card that were placed vertically with the middle banner popped and not in line with the bottom two banners.  Also, I dreamed that the sentiment should be along the bottom.

My dream did not tell me what color to use at the base so my conscious self chose Natural Ivory.  The banners are also in natural. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

As I often do, I made two with slight changes.  On the second card, I changed the embossing folder for the banners (to the wood grain), and I decided to sponge those banners up a bit using Crumb Cake.

This is not my most exciting card ever, but I decided to stick with my "dream card."  I will be using these for my card ministry, Caring Cards, where I send three cards a week to people the church offices identify to me as people in need of a little extra love in the mail.

Remember people, follow your dreams!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Very interesting layout! I sometimes dream about cards too... You could easily add a small image over the group of banners as well. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Lili said...

Very original card ! I really like those banners placed in a very artistic way. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!