Monday, September 2, 2013

The Truly Grateful Paper Player/Freshly Made Sketches Challenge

 Whoot-whoo!  Another two-fer!  I love those.

I combined this week's challenges from The Paper Player and Freshly Made Sketches and came up with these two babies.  Both different, both sweet.

I used a base of Crumb Cake.  Then I used Very Vanilla and stamped the wood grain stamp from Truly Grateful in Early Espresso.  I definitely had to use my stamp-a-ma-jig for this one!

For my banners, I used some old Spice Cake DSP and burlap ribbon.

Then the differences kick in.  On one I have the wheat stalk from Truly Grateful on top of some circles of vanilla and mustard.  The wheat was stamped in espresso and colored in mustard using the blender pen. I also used that blender pen to add some mustard color to the wood grain.

On this one, I added some mustard and Soft Suede leaves.  Plus, I added a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Both are fantastic! I love the different textures from wood grain stamp and the burlap ribbon. And I couldn't live without my stamp-a-ma-jig! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a fabulous card - love the earthy feel with the woodgrain and the burlap (I need to get myself some of this!) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

stampwithsandy said...

An oh so pretty card in your soft neutral colors, Lisa. I love that Spice Cake DSP, it's one of my favorites ever! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Great cards, Lisa! the textures, colors and stamps you used are perfect for fall. Nice way to mix up the two. Thank you for joining us at The Paperp Players!