Saturday, October 12, 2013

Perfect Blend and The Friday Mashup



 These cards were created as an answer to this week's challenge on The Friday Mashup.

The ladies over on TFM gave us the challenge to create a spooky card (I hope this doesn't look spooky... I did not go for that part of the challenge) or to create a card using the sketch (shown below), or mash-it-up and do both.

I used the sketch and created another card for my Perfect Blend class!
 I started with a base of Very Vanilla.  Next there's a layer of Soft Suede.  Next I used this DSP (it is retired and I don't have the name... but it's so sweet for this coffee cup!)

As I often do, I made two cards, slightly changing parts.  On this one, I only changed the big Crumb Cake circle.  I embossed one with the little polka dots and one with the swirls (it reminded me of the steam coming off a fresh cup of coffee).
I used DSP for the coffee cup, a vanilla top, and Crumb Cake for the band around the coffee.  I stamped everything in Early Espresso.  I also stamped the sentiment in espresso, "coffee & friends are the perfect blend."

Thanks for looking!













2 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute! The only thing spooky about your card would be a day without coffee! :) Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Love your take on the sketch- the colors are oh, so coffee shop trendy! The swirls remind me of steam and I love polka dots! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup;)